What is the WCTC?
The Wendover Chamber of Trade and Commerce’s main objective is to promote the businesses of it’s membership within and outside of Wendover, as well as representing members for lobbying and
campaigning on local issues; such as HS2.
We are run by a committee made up of business owners who volunteer their time to ensure that the businesses of the ancient market town of Wendover continue to thrive and prosper.
What have we achieved?
- The implementation and growth of the I love Wendover Loyalty Card Scheme for which there are now 1200 cardholders.
- The engagement of an HS2 Roll B Agent, representing the interest of all Wendover businesses in discussions and petitions with central and local government.
- Close liaison with Wendover Parish Council with regard to addressing local issues such as parking.
- Created, managed and funded the Wendover Christmas Evening until Christmas 2014 when the Parish Council agreed to take on the function.
- Grown the membership from 20 to 65 (and growing).
- Developed links with other local organisations, such as Rotary and the Chiltern Chamber of Commerce; increasing networking opportunities for members.
- And most recently, been actively involved in the action plan around the reduced opening hours for the Wendover branch of Lloyds Bank, successfully securing an additional day of opening.